Pages - Menu

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Lampocalypse

This weekend has gone by fast, people, FAST. I got a three day weekend because of parent-teacher conferences.

Holla!

It's been a very productive weekend.

 I started off Friday morning by wearing the best t-shirt in existence.

Team Edward?
NOPE.

Team Jacob?
No . . .

Team Gale?
NO. He's a jerkface.

Team Peeta?
Maybe.

No, just kidding. It's Team Gabbie.
You know you want that t-shirt.

The following pictures are of my sister trying to get into her car seat:



 End spam.
Don't worry, she got in eventually with my mother's assistance. I was too busy preparing myself mentally for play practice to notice she was having some minor issues.

Speaking of play practice, it's going awfully, thanks for asking.
No, I have about 5 days until Opening Night. But, let me back up a little bit back to this weekend.
On Friday we had to go build the set.



 In hindisight, I don't really know why I decided to go to help build the set considering I am a weak female. The key word there is female. There were four boys there doing all the work before I arrived.
They are all really smart.
And not just getting A's on test, but like make-the-teachers-question-their-life-choices-and-basic-concepts smart. Two of them are brothers and will probably be ruling the universe or at least China someday.

 I decided to supervise.

 Well, I decided to play catch with Ian the whole time.

When I got home, I had about 2 hours until I had to go back for actual play practice. Everyone else in my house was either napping or not there, so I decided to get some work done. But, as usual, I failed miserably.

 I really, really, really have to go through Riley Girl one more time, but I was not in a grammar/editing type mood.

 So I decided to work on my other book Rain Falls Down which I'm about 155 pages into writing. But it's been like 4 months since I've been able to even look at it because of school and everything. I tried to look at the notes but all the arrows made me sad.

 So, I decided instead to work on the play I'm trying to write for a scholarship, but then I realized it was really, really stupid and I should just give play writing up forever or at least until I want to procrastinate on my English homework.

 So I decided to work on something brand new, but my mind refused to be productive. I used my time wisely, if you ask me.







Two hours later - I had accomplished no writing at all and succeeded in making my room look like a tornado had gone through it. 

 So I drove back to school for play practice.
I love acting, I really do. It's one of the few things I don't feel like a complete idiot doing or manage to mangle my body while doing. But, so far, the cast - myself included - has had trouble memorizing our lines. I get really anxious when we have to call for lines.

 We only have one more practice to even ask what our line is supposed to be and after that we are on our own. If we mess up, it messes up the show. I feel awful when I mess up because the person after me has to try to make up a new line because of my mistake.

I'm a really self-conscious person. I hate when people are mad at me. I feel like everything is my fault about 94% of the time. I really want to do well at the play. I''m not really good at that many things. I want my family to be proud of me after they watch the play.

 So naturally, I messed up all my lines during practice.

I was ready to hit myself with that hammer by the time practice got over.

I really have to practice my lines.

After play practice was over, I went to a haunted house with my friends Annie, Bella, and Zack. I don't have pictures of anything because most of the time it looked like this -

But it was super fun! Bella is my Brazillian friend. She's hilarious. I had to explain to her what a port-a-potty was.

I decided to go first in our little group, because the person at the back always dies first in scary movies. I figured I'd have the best chance to make it out alive. It wasn't really scary at all, though. The only scary thing was that I kept getting stuck between Bella and smashed into this old guy in front of me.

I'm sorry, old guy. I invaded your bubble. A lot.

Afterwards, I went to Annie's house to spend the night.

 Her sister had fallen asleep watching Grey's Anatomy, which I have never seen before.

 We proceeded to terrorize her.

On a side note - the other day someone told me I looked like a Grey's Anatomy fan.

Thank you?

Anyway, we went down to Annie's basement to watch Shawshank Redemption - only to discover that it had been overrun by lamps.


 And more lamps.
 So. Many. Lamps.

They were everywhere.
 Apparently, her parents are obsessed with lamps.

 It's a tad unhealthy.

 Then I went to her bathroom and discovered this -

  - magical piece of artwork. I want this is my home.

I fell asleep half way through the movie and woke up at the very end. Apparently, everyone gets out of jail. Somehow.

Good enough for me.



 The next morning, my mom and I went shopping with her family, who are crazy, I might add.

The good kind of crazy.

 As you can probably guess, I was a ball of energy because I had gotten so much sleep the night before.

I was a joy to be around, I'm sure. Needless to say, I enjoyed the trip.




 I lived with my aunts until I was about 8 years old. The youngest one, Billee, is only 9 years older than me, so they're all kinda like my sisters.

It's a love-hate relationship.

 I hope the waitress liked her tip from me.

 I'm a tad obsessed with flower earrings.

Just a little.
 Everyone together now - AWWWWW. My sister is cute.

She gets it from me :)

 But she's also a demon.

Which she still gets from me.

 This picture is to prove that I have been editing Riley Girl.
Slowly but surely.

 On Saturday night, we went to watch the Notre Dame game with my Stepdad's family. It was intense.



 I understand football as much as the next teenage, uncoordinated, nerd girl, but let me just say - these viewers are committed fans. Every one of them was on their seat with their eyes glued to the screen. Every time Notre Dame did something of value with the ball, everyone erupted into frenzied screams and proceeded to cry and hug each other.

And you think I'm exaggerating.


 They didn't really cry.

But I did get booed numerous times for my lack of knowledge.

At one point a commercial came on with this guy watching football. His sweatshirt had the name RUDY on it. This is what occured:
Everyone: Aw, it's Rudy! Yeah! Whooohoo! Go RUDY!
Me: Who's that guy?
Uncle: You don't know who Rudy is?
Me: Nope.
Everyone: BOOOOOO!!! BOOO! BOO!
Me: I'm sorry! I'm clueless about this football stuff.
Uncle: He's from a movie about Notre Dame football.
Everyone: It's really awesome! Rudy!
Me: Oh, okay . . . what's the movie called?
Everyone: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It turns out the movie was called Rudy.
I'm an idiot.

 Everyone enjoyed the game. They were all really enthusiastic.

 I really enjoyed my cookie.
It was great.




1 comment: