Pages - Menu

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Brother Part II

My mother came in last night at 3:47 and told me they were going to the hospital. I was supposed to stay home with Addison.

But I just fell asleep afterwards, so it was all good.

By the time I woke up around 7:30, my aunt was there and she told me to shower so we could go to the hospital. So I did - getting myself ready and Badison. My aunt and I were slightly hopeless  She has no children and I can't accomplish much before 9 o clock.

We couldn't find the keys to our van, so we were stranded. We needed the car seat out of it in order to go to the hospital.

I finally texted my neighbor and he let us borrow a car seat.

 By the time we actually left my house, we got a text from my grandma that he had been born.

She said he had a ton of black hair and weighed 8 ilbs 6 oz.

I was so excited.

My aunt told Badison she had a brother.

I think she took it well.

 Between my aunt and I, we actually managed to not get lost at all on the trip. When Addison was born almost two years ago, we got lost in a bad part of town around 3 in the morning.

It was still an adventure, if you ask me.

 I got to see my brother for the first time.

Gosh, he's perfect. It's amazing how small he is. It's so strange to see such newness. I mean, Addison is old enough to talk now and it seems like time has flown by. But I looked at my brother and I was amazed by the extraordinary feeling it was. Perfection.

And all that hair.

He's gonna be a stud.

I mean he is related to me.  :)

 I think Addison is going to be okay with it. She was beating the glass and yelling 'brother' over and over. It was quite adorable.

 It's really weird for me to have siblings.

For 15 years I was an only child - it's hard for me to remember I have siblings sometimes. And I have Addison whom I love. And I try to be a good big sister. And now I have a brother. It's just crazy to me.

 I wouldn't have it any other way, of course.


 I haven't got to hold him yet, but I'm going back tonight. I can't wait. Maybe it will feel real after I hold him.





My mom and my brother are perfectly fine and healthy. I'm sorry this post was chopping and little worded, but I'm really too happy for words right now.

It's been a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize I'd made the blog. I thought that my car-seat loan and installation merited a description where I was buff, wearing armor and astride a white steed. Oh, well. Owen is a cute kid. I'm glad I snuck over to hold him the other night!

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. In future posts, I will be sure to give you accurate representation. I failed you.

    ReplyDelete