Pages - Menu

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

One-Liners

I've been going through some of my old and new projects. I've composed a few dozen first lines from every story I've written. It's really enjoy most of the things I used to work on. The things from way back are interesting read because they seem almost innocent.

It was before I had taken years of  upper English and developed grammar and mechanics. It was before I knew was symbolism or how to construct inter-woven plots and metaphors. But, they are not bad stories. In fact, most of my favorite ideas are the stories I came up with when I was 11 years old.

I think it just shows how far my writing has come since then. I wanted to share some of these one-liners with you -- starting from my earliest stories to the ones I am working on now.


In the year 2227 the world began to end. - from Prisoner of the Moon (2006)

Kaitlynn Nelson carefully smoothed back her light blond hair that was pulled into a tight bun. -from Iris (2007)

Bright red and blue lights reflected off the slick pavement that flew under my rapid footsteps. - from Riley Girl (2008) 

I shivered slightly in the chilly October night. -from Whispers of the Past (2009) 

It was like a dream. -from Re Surfacing (2009)



“I don’t want her to die.”  - from Sloan (2009)


Police sirens, the most annoying sound in the world. - from Masked (2009)



I look back at my life and feel so many things. - from A Leap of Faith (2010)



The man on the television reminded me of my fourth grade Science teacher. - from The End (2011) 





The rain pours down from the sky, unrelenting. - from Rain Falls Down (2011)


I keep my hands at my side, waiting. - from Canaan (2011)


It’s really hard to describe the sunset tonight. - from  Repressed (2011)


Courage is hard to come by – many people go their whole lives without a touch of bravery. - from The Jabberwocky (2011)



The camera slowly focuses, the scene emerging from the blurry darkness. - from The Project (2012)




It is dark. - from Nameless (2012) 

I found out I was dying when I was six years old. -from Broken Heart (2012) 


Her shadow flitted over the pavement, breaking up the yellow sun on the sidewalk. -from Okay (2012)


The monster stands with a gun in his hands. - from How High We Are (2012)




I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane, people.





2 comments:

  1. The monster stands with a gun in his hands. - from How High We Are (2012)
    ^_^ that made me chuckle to myself ^_^ ...mostly because I thought of Sully from monsters inc. with a gun and you were as high as you could possibly be on drugs. True Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ this made me giggle. Plus, I just saw a commercial for Monster's Inc 3D

    ReplyDelete