Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thug Life

Thug life? What, you ask, is a thug?

 This. This is the definition of Thug Life.




I got my flare jeans, my hoodie with headphones inside of it, and flower earrings on.

Boom.

Thug life.

This morning I saw my hoodie and thought - paying attention  Pssh. I got my headphone hoodie. I'm going to listen to music in class and no one will even notice. They'll just think I'm the weird girl who puts the strings from her sweatshirt into her ears. I told my step dad I was a thug, and he just sighed.

Apparently, it was obvious the whole time I was a thug.

Alli was decided to be camera shy at the last moment, but the picture turned out to be better because it showcased my favorite chap stick!
Just kidding, Alli. I know you read this. You are more beautiful than this lip balm.

But not near as delicious. Seriously. It's like happiness/skittles on your lips.

 We're still plugging away at Arthur Miller's The Crucible, which is a play about the Salem Witch trials in 1692.

We each got assigned a part to read and I'm Abigail - the evil antagonist. I was destined to play this part.
In all seriousness, Abigail was a crazy evil mastermind. She was only 14 years old at the time of the real trials and she led to the death of many innocents. But, I don't really blame her. The main character of the play, John Proctor, slept with her. He was in his thirties and married and a Puritan.

That's frowned upon.

The play also related to Miller's real life - at the time he wrote it Joseph McCarthy was calling out people around the country for being communists. He started a wide spread panic like the Salem Witch Trials, which were led by Abigail.

Conclusion: Don't mess with teenage girls.

 We're also supposed to start reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, but I've decided to hate it.

With a burning passion.

My teacher gave me a pass to work on my fractured fairytale. But Annie and Alli wanted to come, too.

Seems legit.

 Of course, we managed to get little to no work actually done. I had been typing furiously for a few moments - in the zone, people - and then Alli starts to nudge me: "hey, hey, ginger, hey Gab, hey gingersnap, hey look at me" until I finally looked up. She pointed to her screen. "This is what French is to me."

I have such weird friends.

We were made for each other.

 We call ourselves the 3 Stooges - or Musketeers, however we are acting at the time. We've only been best friends for over a year now. Honestly, I can't remember how it started. I mean - we've been friends for years, but suddenly we were always together and I told them everything. These two are freaks. We have millions on inside jokes and manage to make ourselves look like idiots daily - hourly - minutely. 

I don't know what I'd do without them. Once I go to college, I hope I can stay in touch with them - because my life will be so much more fun and crazy and awesome when they're in it.

 Alli refused to let me get a picture of my short story. Annie was talking about mermaids.

I can't take them anywhere.

 It's a miracle I get anything accomplished in school.

 We learned about Alexander the Great, who turned out to be quite the boss.

At lunch, Char Char My German Friend and I decided to play a little game called hide-the-cap. Alli's mom Karen collected bottle caps. We decided to hide it repeatedly. We were each searched and I was beaten with my lunch box repeatedly, which I think Char Char enjoyed.

She hated me for starting the nickname 'Char Char'. I guess I deserved it.

 Look at that French grade.
Le sigh.

 I wrote Alli a note - the song Cruise by Florida Georgia Line.
She hates country almost as I hate The Great Gatsby.



 She was thrilled, if you ask me. She wrote me back, of course.
 She's obsessed with One Direction - the British boy band. She's a fangirl. Dedicated.


 I was touched by the gesture.


The boys seemed to be feeling the love, too.

 Since basketball is starting, my work at the after school program is drawing to an end. I'm actually really sad to see it go.

At first, I was not very excited. I've been decent with kids in my life, but I always thought it was a pain to watch them. I went into the after school program kind of dreading it. I needed money. Desperately. And it was my first job.

But the kids were great. They were hilarious, and I realized that I loved it. They made me laugh so hard I cried. And they all thought I was legit. Like the coolest person in the entire world. It really helped my patience and opened my eyes a little bit. Kids are funny. They see things. They look up to you. One time, after I'd a bad day, a little girl came up to me and told me to smile because I was beautiful.

Needless to say, I am going to miss every single one of those children.

 Halloween candy for the little neighborhood children.

LOL, okay.
I ate 5 billion Nut-rolls.

 Badison was an elephant. She's so precious. Adorable.

She gets it from her big sister, no doubt about it. :)

But seriously.

She's the cutest thing ever.

 My opening night for the school play is tomorrow. It's gone by so fast. It's November already! No-shave-November, by the way. My school is weird.

 Anyway, the play has gone great. The people I am in it with are hilarious. It's been a blast working with them. There's Mike, who I went to Homecoming with. Ian, Ian the Seconds, Matt, Tyler, Diana, Taylor, Seth, Chris, and Paige. I've actually become better friends with a Senior named Katie - who is really awesome, by the way. I don't think she knows how much I admire her. She's really nice to every one. A good example.

 I just tape people's belongings.


 You never really know what's going to happen at rehearsal. We've played games of Ninja. We've done a lot of crazy things.

Katie wearing a turbin or possibly dressed like the Virgin Mary.
Except for those spaghetti straps, devil child.

 She also managed to break the door to the set.
Too much power.


Well, that's all, folks. I've been working on my book slowly but surely. I want it to be totes done by the end of November.

Have a lovely night.

Remember, folks:

Thug Life.

1 comment: