Pages - Menu

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Things My Mom and I Don't Understand (Part 1)

I might have mentioned this once or twice before, but my mother and I have a list of Things We Don't Understand, which we actually end up talking about quite a lot.
Really, whenever we're alone in a vehicle together.

Quality conversations here, folks.

I'd like to think my mother and I have decent educations. I mean, she went to college. I'm a senior in high school. We both have a basic understanding of most stuff. Many things we do understand.

So we have comprised a list of things we do not fully understand.
 Some may seem very, very stupid to you. And maybe there are some others you don't understand, too, and we can all have an ignorant party together. (They're the best kind of parties.)

The List:

Electricity

Wifi

The Internet
   (My Mom: Where does it come from? I mean, is it kept somewhere?)

Infinity
  
Electrons
   (My Mom The Chemist: I mean, we can't see them. How do we know that they're real?)

The Economy

Obamacare

The Judaical System

Honey
  (My Mom: Is it really just bee's spit? Why do we eat it?!)

Vision

How Is Earth Suspended in Space

The Sun
 
The Universe
  (My Mom: So it just keeps going and going and going? I mean, what happens when it runs out? Do we land in God's hands or something?)

Stars
 
Engineering

Calculus

Dreams

Dogs

Airplanes


We definitely talk about airplanes the most. (We've decided it's just magic that makes them fly).

This list will probably grow, but what I want to know is what you don't understand. (That way, I can start planning the ignorance party).

Have a great day!

 


10 comments:

  1. What I don't understand is "Buffalo Wild Wings" is it really chicken or is it made of Buffalo. And if it really is chicken, where did the Buffalo come in? Grandma Kathy's ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valid, concerning points. It's a little scary to think about. (Just another reason to become a vegetarian).

      Delete
  2. Here are a few of mine:
    1. Illinois' debt. I mean, if I had that much debt, I would have to file bankruptcy. At what point does Illinois file bankruptcy and cease to be a state. And who would get us? Ohio, Wisconsin, Indiana?

    2. Country borders. There's no line in the ground, so how do they really know that is where one country ends and the next begins? (Also applies to states)

    3. I agree with the Internet. How does my comment on your blog get to you. Snail mail is so much easier to understand. Along with that comes fax machines.

    4. Dreams. Especially my dreams.

    5. Washing machines. I was just telling Emily that I want to install a camera. How can I open the washing machine and have a shirt completely balled up and wrapped around something else? Or a shirt or pants that turn inside out? What HAPPENS in there?!

    That's all I can think of off the top of my head...does that get me in for the ignorance party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so hard on the first one. I really hope Wisconsin would get us, just because it would improve dairy production.
      Fax machines. Definitely hard to understand.
      DREAMS ARE SO CRAZY! I need a whole section to talk about them. Your dreams must be crazy!
      I think the camera in the washing machine would be an amazing opportunity for science.

      You get a golden ticket for the ignorance party.

      Delete
  3. I dont understand grey hair. why doesnt it start at the root and grow out grey? instead it just appears one day as a whole grey hair. from top to bottom. and why only one in an area. why dont we get a whole patch of grey hair at a time. instead, I, ummmm, I mean some people have to pull them out one at a time. I just dont understand grey hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I, ummmm, I mean some people" Sly, really sly. :)
      I don't understand that either. My mom and I were talking about hair in the car, too. It's difficult to understand.

      Delete
  4. Wind! How does it just start all of a sudden and get so violent? Like, is the strong gale in America the snowball effect result of some guy sneezing in India or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryan, obviously, that doesn't make sense or else we'd be covered in snot. Duh.
      Just kidding. Yeah, I don't really understand wind either.

      Delete