Pages - Menu

Sunday, December 14, 2014

"Ravage duck"

 I have many cousins. Three of them happen to be some of the most hilarious children I have ever encountered, especially in writing. It must be genetic, because these three children send me the single most hilarious hand-drawn cards I have ever had the pleasure of receiving.

I though I'd share the most recent set of these cards with you, because they make me so happy.

The first one is from Anya, who is circa 3rd grade.



Adorable, yes? I think so. The mustache and the beard were a great touch. The inside of the card, however, really got me. 



I'll elaborate a little bit on this one. Anya drew me the characters from one of our favorite TV shows on Cartoon Network "The Amazing World of Gumball." It's about a mixed species family composed of a rabbit dad (Richard), a cat mom, and their three children: one of whom is a cat named Gumball, one is a rabbit named Anais, and one is a fish named Darwin. 

I've included a picture of the cartoon family below for comparison.  


Honestly, Anya did a pretty accurate job. She was thourough, too, and even added their names for my benefit. 
What really gets me though, is the fact that she added the words: 

"look"

just to be sure
and

"as real animals"

just so we're clear.



The next card is from my ginger cousin Jonny (circa kindergarden) who loves me so unbelievably much for reasons I still don't understand, but I am honored. 

I'm not quite sure what's going on here, but it seems to include Link from the Zelda games, a man cross dressing with a hammer, an antelope, and some sort of dog monkey. 




And, lastly, Haylee's card. 
She's in seventh grade.

She wrote the single most promising piece of poetry from a middle schooler I have ever read. 


"Roses are red, violets are blue
world domination has no effect on you
Ravage duck"

I couldn't breathe after reading it because I was laughing to hard.  

The inside of the card:



Ending with a killer representation of our favorite Youtube Video Llamas with Hats. 



I love these three children so, so much. 

They are hilarious and loving and seeing their drawings on my walls never fails to make my day brighter. 

 They are the future of our world and for that I am so thankful. 


Ravage duck

No comments:

Post a Comment