Pages - Menu

Friday, March 4, 2016

My Writing Tools

(lol at my post I wrote last easter in 2015 and never published. I am hilariously terrible at this whole blogging thing) 


Hi, guys! Happy Easter! 
Unfortunately, I was not able to go home for Easter, because we only got Monday off for school. I had some free time on my hands this weekend and decided to create a post featuring some tools I use while writing. 
I thought it might be interesting for those of you who don't write, maybe, to see how I do it. I also thought it would be helpful for those of you who enjoy creative writing, because these are some cool resources I've found over the years! (I would love to know yours, as well). Also, I did this for myself, so I don't have to have 9 tabs open all the time when I write. 
Just to be clear, I don't always use these resources when I write, but they really are helpful. 

The first section we have here is the list I always have open when I write. It's a mixture of adverbs and facial expressions that I've compiled from one website and from my FAVORITE thesaurus





Okay, this is where you get an even better understanding of how big a nerd I am. This is one of my most favorite lists ever, and I use it all the time. 








The next section is what I liked to call "Build a Character," which is everything from names and facial structures to idiosyncrasies and handwriting. 

Names: I usually use a baby name book my best friend got for me as a birthday present, but it's currently in Illinois. This is my favorite website, Nameberry, because it offers the definition of the names, which is something I like. I like a lot of my character's name meanings to be reflective of who I want them to be. Sometimes I just want a cool name, so both purposes are served. 



Here's a list that I like as a reminder, plus I always try to do the things on it with my own eyebrows, so that's fun. 

  • Furrow: gather, pinch, tighten, draw together, join, press, meld; knit
  • Raise: lift, rise, arch, jump, boost, hike
  • Lower: crouch, slump, slant, sink, collapse



The Color List 

Blacks


Blues



Browns



Greens



Browns (light)



Whites (pales)



Oranges



Pinks



Purples



fs



Yellows



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete