Pages - Menu

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Today

Today was a beautiful fall day, which was a blessing and a curse for me. I'll explain that statement later, but let me give you a little look on how today went:
 My family came over for yet another bonfire. All my cousins are pretty young, but pretty hilarious. They are clearly related to me in this aspect. :)


We played the game 'Dead Man' for over an hour.
It was a great time.
*sarcasm*

  I do love them - they seem to grow so fast. They're developing their personalities and changing from the little girls who used to want to be just like me to, well, a witty preteen, a science fiction lover, and a Disney Princess (that one hasn't changed much, yet).


A mass exodus did occur.


And Spidey saved the day yet again with gum balls for eyes.


I had invited some of my friends over to 'par-tay', which really meant a long winded whiffle ball game, numerous games of 'Sardines', 'Dead Man', and 'Sharks and Minnows'.

And when we got tired of that, we headed inside for snacks that my lovely, pregnant mother prepared for us.

I happened to dominate the game BS, which we affectionately renamed BC for the little children's small ears.

Seriously, I won. That usually never happens.

It was a really fun time. I smell like bonfire smoke and have a 'grass burn' (similar to a rug burn - the outcome of biffing down a hill at 9 at night) and am tired in a way that makes me know I had a good time. The leaves are beautiful - but it means winter is coming.

I hate winter, let me just throw that out there.
I like snow for maybe, one day, and so I can wear this:

But after one snow it all turns to slush and I'm cold and I whine.
Lately, I've been dreading the passing time.

Fall means winter is coming. School has been going on for over 5 weeks now - it feels like only a few days. In January, I'm going to submit my book to this world wide writing contest - it's months away, but I know it's going to be here any moment. I have to start thinking of my future - whether it's ACT coming up, book contests, or even Homecoming next weekend.

Today was a beautiful fall day. The brilliant hues of leaves, roasting hot dogs, and laughter of those I love made me happier than I have been in awhile, but today reminded me of my future and the decisions that I can't keep putting off much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment