Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Those Awwwwwww Moments

^ look at that title ^

You know what I'm talking about.

Don't deny it. Especially you, Male Reader. Those moments make you legit to girls. Just saying.

Today has been full of those moments. Admittedly, some were in anger but most were the cause of happiness. I just got done reading the emails from the kids who are reading my book and a few of them made me unbelievably happy. I have included them below -- if you do not want anything spoiled DO NOT read the comments. If you don't care, read ahead.

(Caution: Spoiler Alert) 

I'm really liking this book! It's one of the best books I think I've ever read, and I'm not just saying that! It was so funny when Simone said she had been with Phillip and then her mother said that Zoe had wanted to marry him and then thought that Simone and Phillip are getting married! I thought I was going to burst out laughing in front of the entire class. Anyway, the story is great! Keep writing, it might get you farther than you think in life. Great job!

We are only on chapter four but I love it so far!!!!! You are a really good author you should write more books!!!

(End Spoiler Alert)



Lemme back up just a tad. Pretend we're jumping into a blog time machine! That was really dorky. I'm so sorry. 

Let's just agree to rewind back to last night's basketball game, okay? 


 This week we have 5 games. So far we've won one tournament and our next one starts tomorrow  Yesterday was not a great day for me, just because I was being a grumpy-butt. But I got really excited for the game (even though I couldn't play because apparently I have no sports physical) and on the bus ride we passes a windmill farm!

 It made me very happy. It was beautiful. Like a vertical Christmas tree.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed cheering on my team to victory. My goofball friend Annie had to sit and do stats with me and we counted how many times our coach used the word 'okay' during half time.

44 times.

I asked him on a scale from 1 to 10 how mad he would be if we counted how many times he said "okay". He said 11 so I said "good thing I've never done that".

He was very convinced.

 In the girls bathroom of the school we were at, they had this quote thingy on the wall. It's very distracting. And why is it in the bathroom? That's what bothered me the most. I feel like it's encouraging talking whilst in the bathroom, which is just awkward if you ask me.

I guess I'm just not an innovater.

Okay, fast forward to this morning. We had family pictures and I had to go get yet another sports physical. The photo shoot was mainly for my newborn brother, Owen, so Addison and I were exiled to the van for most of the time. I drove us to McDonald's. It was an adventure --
1) I've never gone out of my small town before -- I had to go through three stop lights!
2) I've never driven a van before!
3) I've never driven with an infant in the car . . . well, my friends have the maturity of my 2 year old sister, so scratch that last one.
4) I was too scared to park in the McDonald's parking lot so I parked in the empty Dollar General parking lot like a mile away and had to drag my sister across the lots.

I got a smoothie but then everyone kept looking at me like I was the scrounge of the earth or something. I realized they thought she was my daughter. It didn't help she decided to call me 'Mommy' the whole day.

We went and played in the van after that.




She's hilarious, if you ask me.

I went and got my physical (which took approximately 7 minutes) and then headed to basketball. The girls informed me I had missed 20 solid minutes of running. I felt relieved and kind of bad.
After we got done with practice, our coach talked to us seriously.
A serious talk.

It was actually probably the best motivational speech I've ever heard. I won't try to write it, because as everyone knows I am an awful formal writer. But he talked about playing with intensity and pride. Life goes to fast. We should look back and think we have nothing to regret.

I really should take that to heart.


After I got home, I had to work on my poster for Enriched English. I had to compare McCarthyism and Arthur Miller's The Crucible. I've been plugging away at the project for a few weeks now and all the sudden I looked down and realized --

  -- I switched tenses halfway through the poster.

 I thought it wouldn't be that bad. I did a ton of work -- it couldn't be in vain.

 And then I realized the sections that were the same tense did not make sense. I'm talking about actions that occurred 50 years ago. Why would I ever write in present tense?

 So I had to go fix them all.

 One of the not thrilled 'Awwwwwww Moments'.

 But then I realized that I was using Elmer's stick glue and that stuff sucks. So it was all good.

And I fixed it! Yay!

 And I even had time to make a little craft with stickers!
Stickers! (Why am I hyper? It's 9 PM. Sigh).

But then I realized it looked like the word 'gabble' instead of 'gabbie'. So I glued it on the back of my poster so I wouldn't look like a complete idiot when I present my poster. Don't worry -- my teacher already knows of my idiocy.
She has embraced it.

To end my night, I got to snuggle with Owen. 

Another priceless 'Awwwwww Moment' has gone by folks.

Owen wishes you a good night and prayed you will never switch your tenses.

Did you catch that? ^

All right, I'll stop trying to be funny. Night!

-Gab


2 comments: