Pages - Menu

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Homecomig (AKA More Rice, More Sexy)

My homecoming week / weekend has come to an end. And . . .

It

was

GREAT!
EXCITING.
FABULOUS.
WONDERFUL.
AWESOME.
REALLY REALLY AWESOME.


Everything was really, really amazing.

From our dress up days this week -


the building of our senior float -


the Senior verse Freshman co-ed volleyball game -



to the actual day of the Homecoming Dance -


every moment was extremely fun and just, well, perfect. 

Homecoming week in general is always pretty fun. Little homework, shortened schedule, and dress up days make the week fly by. And of course there's the big game on Friday night (which I probably only watched about thirty seconds of. Football is not interesting to me). 

The greatest day of the week, of course, was Saturday:

The day of the actual dance went by pretty quickly, which was good because Petra (my date and best friend of 12 years) and I were very hyper/excited/anxious. 

I'm pretty sure we were ready like two hours early.



At least, I was. Pet was a little slow. 


But we still had more than enough time to take pictures.






 And, of course, there were many, many family pictures. I actually didn't mind all the pictures. I have a really great family.
 I'm blessed.




(This is right after I got elbowed in the eye by my mother, just so you know.)

After the obligatory five million family pictures or so, we finally headed over for group pictures.
 

There were ten of us in our group, and I couldn't have had ten better of people to spend my last homecoming with.







 We went to Osaka, which is a Hibachi grill in Peoria. It's one of those places where the food is cooked in front of you and the chef does crazy things with fire and knives.

The food was really delicious (I ate meat! *GASP*) and our chef was hilarious. The title of this post More Rice More Sexy is in honor of him. He was very Japanese and really funny. He kept piling rice onto our plates and whenever we tried to say no, he'd just say: "More rice, more sexy."

At one point he made what looked like Mickey Mouse's head out of rice on the stove. My friend Briana smiled and said, "it's Mickey Mouse!" To which he replied, "No, that rice."

He was awesome. Money well spent.




After dinner, which only took 45 minutes, we had an hour and a half to blow. So, we went and got my favorite thing. 



FRO YO, BABY.





After we all gorged ourselves on frozen yogurt, we decided to go play Pakour Tag in Khols. (If you don't know what Parkour is, go check out my Chicago Trip Post from this month).

We did not get caught and played it for about thirty minutes. After we found Petra (long story), we headed to the school for the dance.

My friends and I were the first people to start dancing and we didn't stop. We're the kind of people who do weird dance moves, such as: the Light bulb, Shopping Cart, the Basketball, the Harry Potter, the Q-Tip, the "Getting That Money," and many more. 



I love my friends. There was this point, toward the end of the dance, when I just looked at all of them and couldn't help but feel so lucky. I mean, they're amazing. My whole family is amazing and I have great, weird, loving friends. 

It reminded me of the book "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky. At one point the main character says, "And in that moment, we were infinite."

It wasn't as if I felt we were infinite. I just felt that everything was perfect. I was so happy. I'm growing up so fast and I just took a moment to cherish it all.


In the end, the dance was a blast. My feet hurt so bad, but it was worth it. 

After the dance, we headed to Alli's house for a movie. Her mother, Caren, was nice enough to provide us with a TON of snacks and stuff.

 Including my favorite drink just for me <3


We ended up watching X Men until one in the morning. 

Pet, B, and I made it home and pretty much collapsed into a deep sleep.

This morning:


 ****

It was a perfect weekend. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. For better friends, a better family. I shared a great experience with the people I love.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this weekend special - not just for me, but for those you care about. It means a lot.

Also, thanks for reading and helping me celebrate an amazing weekend and my first blogaversary.


2 comments: