Pages - Menu

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Conversation Brought to You From the Afterschool Program

I have a job.

Surprised?

I work with small children (I appreciate my grade school teachers so much more after this experience) and I get to hear some pretty hilarious stuff. Most of the time I try to write down the funny conversations I have with the kids.

I thought I'd share one of my favorites.

I was sitting in my usual saved seat by the fifth graders. (I'm actually really close to all of them. My high school friends tease me about it, but those kids are really great. They are my actual friends.)

We were talking about dogs, and, before I knew it, soon we were talking about human-dog hybrids. Don't ask me how that came about. It just did.  

Gwynne: Do those even exist?

Devon: Probably. I mean, who knows what scientist do behind closed doors?

Me: I think I saw a picture of one once.

Hannah: A dog person?!

Me: Yeah, but it was fake. It was like artwork or something.

*pause as we think about this*

Hannah: I don't want dog people running around.

Devon: Who knows what would happen?

Hannah:  . . .What if your kid was a dog?

*a moment of silence*

Me: Would it speak English or Dog?

Gwynne: Dog. But - it would have the body of a human and the face of a dog.

*long pause*

Hannah: If I had a child with the face of a dog I'd take care of it but  . . . it would eat it's cereal funny.
 
 


This probably isn't funny to you, but I find it quite hilarious.

Goodnight!





No comments:

Post a Comment